Do you have a Dream 3 + Hollywood Movies

Once again, I have missed my entry for Friday’s “Do you have a Dream?” Unfortunately, I was sick the entire week, which is also why I have not updated since last Friday. Although I have completed my character profiles for my novel last week, I have yet to start on the chapter outlines due to my illness. Next week will be slightly busy for me. Therefore, I’m not sure when I will be able to work on my outlines, but I am positive that I will be able to start typing the chapters by the end of this month. The thought has crossed my mind to write this novel for Nanowrimo next month...I've never won a Nano before (only the Script Frenzy every April.) This year, I will be more determined to completed it compared to my last two years attempting it. ^^;

-----------

If you follow me on Facebook, you may have seen me mention that I would discuss my thoughts on Hollywood.


For years, Hollywood hasn’t exactly been faring so well. This is my own opinion and you may not agree with me on this but I feel as though Hollywood has lost its sense of originality. Every movie is a remake, reboot or a sequel/prequel. Now there are some exceptional movies under those categories, but there are some horrible ones...

Point in case....
Let’s go down a list of a few remakes, reboots and sequel/prequels over the years and the coming years.  

Remakes
·         Dawn of the Dead (2004)
·         The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008)
·         Godzilla (1998) (Not to mention the one coming out in 2014)
·         Gone in 60 Seconds (2000)
·         The Grudge (2004)
·         The Ring (2002)
·         Thir13en Ghost (2001)

Reboots
·         Spiderman
·         Batman (Coming out in 2014)
·         Nightmare on Elm Street
·         Child’s Play (Chucky) 

Sequel/Prequels
SAW
SAW II
SAW III
SAW IV
SAW V
SAW VI
Final Destination 1
Final Destination 2
Final Destination 3
Final Destination 4
Final Destination 5 (Prequel)
Pet Sematary 2
Lethal Weapon 1
Lethal Weapon 2
Lethal Weapon 3
Lethal Weapon 4
Naked Gun 1
Naked Gun 2
Naked Gun 3
Hellraiser 1
Hellraiser 2
Hellraiser 3
Hellraiser 4
Hellraiser 5
Hellraiser 6
Hellraiser 7
Rise of the Planet of the Apes (Prequel)
Escape from the Planet of the Apes (Prequel)
Conquest of the Planet of the Apes (Prequel)
Battle for the Planet of the Apes (Prequel)
Exorcist: The Beginning (Prequel)
Dominion: Prequel to the Exorcist
The Thing (Prequel)
Prometheus (Prequel)
Hannibal Rising (Prequel)


Honestly…I could go on and on, but you get the point. The term originality is slowly dying in Hollywood world. I have watched some original movies, but not many in comparison to remakes, reboots, prequels and sequels.

What are your thoughts on Hollywood movies nowadays?

Also, I’ll like to thank Jennifer Chow, for nominating me for the Liebster award! I’ll be sure to post it sometime this upcoming week along with my nominees. 

5 comments:

  1. I have more issues with too many remakes than sequels. If the movie was done well the previous time, a sequel isn't an issue with me. A remake I do look forward to though is Robocop in 2014. Get well soon and I've been sick too so I understand your issues with missing posts and so on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too many remakes can be irksome. I believe some movies shouldn't be remade, because the original was so good, such as, Misery, Battle Royal and a few others! Thank you, I hope you feel better also. Currently I am feeling much better!

      Delete
  2. I'm with Sheena-Kay. Sequels can work, and be a lot of fun, but remakes are so tired. Hollywood just seems to rely on things that DID work instead of taking risks on new ideas.

    I hope you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some sequels that are good, but sometimes some movies create too many sequels (Resident Evil, Saw, Nightmare on Elm Street, Hellraiser and the list goes on XD). I agree that Hollywood do seem to rely on things that did work instead of forming new original ideas. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. Your Post is Very Informated About New Animated Movie Frozen.Thank you For Share Some Information. I have Also Write Some Lines about Frozen new Animated movie. I hope You Will Like it.
    E-Market
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete

 

Inspiration

people i admire















Mail

Worldwide

worldwide.