This Is My Coup D'etat


G-Dragon has released his MV for "Coup D'etat" and "Crooked" so far and I have to admit, both songs really grasped my attention (not to mention R.O.D, Black and Niliria!) In late 2012, I discovered how talented GD truly is. Prior to listening to his music, I really didn't know much about him. What I did know was that he is apart of the famous Korean male group, BIGBANG. If someone were to mention him to me, eventually (months later) I would forget who he was, due not to being a huge Kpop fan. But I know who GD is now~! :3

I don't know every GD song, each song that I have heard, I like. He is a very talented man (and my 4th celebrity crush :3). Many people say that he is a good song writer, but I'm not fluent in Korean ^^; so I have to read the translated lyrics to be the judge of that myself. From what I've seen he is a good songwriter. I really admire his talent and how hard he works. 
A few weeks ago, GD attended the KCON in California (where everything always happens, if not New York T_T *sigh* nothing ever happens in Michigan Dx) and he performed with the one and only MISSY ELLIOTT!! I watched the performance on Youtube and nearly had a heart spasm! I felt so giddy watching it! I've always wanted Missy to collaborate with GD/or BIGBANG and my dream came true! They work really well together! :3


This is a list of his songs for the album....
But what I really want to talk about is Crooked. 
This song really spoke volumes. As I've stated, I do not speak Korean, but you can just feel the emotion after watching this video. Basically, from what I can gather, GD is in a foreign country (London) and no one knows who he is. 
He isn't getting the same treatment he would receive if he were in Korea. Also, I sense a hint of sadness in the song, not from no one recognizing him, but from something else...What? I'm not sure, but it makes me want to give him a hug. 

From what a lot of fans (V.I.Ps - BIGBANG fans) say that G-Dragon always appears to be lonely. I'm not sure if it has something to do with not having a girlfriend or maybe he is lonely for another reason, but I really wish the best for him and hopes that he finds happiness soon.

CROOKED

Overall, I really enjoyed the songs I've heard so far! What are your thoughts on Mr. Dragon?  

7 comments:

  1. OMG!! GD! <3 I loveeeee him! I think his recent songs speak volumes. Black is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a new fan of his and I think he is really talented. In a recent cover story, G Dragon stated that he believes that people in Korean would not like his new CD because it's different. However, the author of the cover story added that people in America would like it!

      Delete
  2. I followed your blog. I would love for you to follow mine. http://www.mrtierneyslibrary.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the following! I'll check out your blog~! :)

      Delete
  3. Crooked was a good MV. I hope one day he can become even more known in US.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling that is will become a very popular artist in America sooner or later. :) Thank you for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Great blog, I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete

 

Inspiration

people i admire















Mail

Worldwide

worldwide.